Rules and restriction of company names
- Company name should not be same as those already in company register and can be
- only English name, or
- only Chinese name, or
- in HK, Traditional Chinese is the official written language.
Simplified Chinese is not acceptable.
- For practical reason, we don't suggest using only Chinese name.
English name is useful for daily use, including banking transaction.
- English plus Chinese name
- In daily use, quoting only English name is enough.
- To check availability of a company name, client can visit this site: [ Companies Registry ICRIS System ]
- For restriction of using certain words, please refer to [ Company Names Guidelines ] from Companies Registry.